Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hopping on the Sunday Stash bandwagon...

Angela over at Cut to Pieces has issued a challenge. A fabric diet. As we looked at the new year, she said, "Hey, I have a lot of fabric. I know I'm not alone. I'm going to try not to buy any new fabric for 2 months. Who's with me?"

fabric diet challenge logo

That would be me. I have a lot of fabric. And I'd like to work pretty hard this year on using up some of what I have. I know I'll add some in the meantime, too, but perhaps I might try and keep track? So I'm going to join Judy of Patchwork Times and her Sunday Stash group to see if I can't keep up with what's actually going on with my stash.

I'm not telling you how much stash I'm starting with. I don't know, and I don't need to know! (Ok, I'm afraid to find out. I said it!!)

So, in the name of full disclosure, I'll start off by saying that I've already failed terribly! LOL Only a few days into the new year, and I added to my stash. Whoops! It's not actually here yet, but I figured out what I wanted to do with my 12 Days of Christmas charm pack (day late, dollar short, yeah, yeah, I know--always next year, right?). Only problem? I needed 2 charm packs to make the design I sketched out work. And I'm apparently enough of a dope that I bought only 1 charm pack to start out with. *sigh* So, I cruised Etsy and found one on super duper sale. And bought it.

It's not here yet, but I feel the need to confess! So I'm counting it as an add to my stash for this week.

But, there's a project in the works that is counting for some busting, too--pics of that soon! Sashing, backing and binding all are from my stash. Huzzah!

Used this Week: 1.75 yards
Used year to Date: 1.75 yards
Added this Week: .75 yards (1 charm pack)
Added Year to Date: .75 yards
Net Used for 2011: 1 yard

What about you all? Anyone else willing to take up Angela's and/or Judy's challenge?

No comments: