Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sore thumbs...

After a good night's sleep, I was much more productive today. Not every Sunday I'm up ironing batiks before 8am, haha. Before coffee, even! It was a cool day, not too humid, and we even got some sun late in the day. That probably helped with the motivation.

I marked sewing lines on the rest of my HSTs for my pinwheels, and spent a quiet afternoon piecing more of those. I have enough for about a dozen more blocks now, so I will spend part of the evening working on those.

I have a bit of a confession to make. I'm a handpiecer, but I hate thimbles. I mean, HATE them. They never fit comfortably, they make my fingertips sweat, and honestly, I tend to push with my right thumb and catch with the index finger of my left hand--have you tried to find a thimble that fits comfortably on your thumb?? I have callouses. I am inordinately proud of my callouses. I know that most people, especially women, would hate the mere thought of calloused fingertips, but I love them. It's a little bit of my quilting that I carry with me, and when I'm on a hiatus from stitching, I find that I really miss my rough bits. :)

I was supposed to take pictures of my Xmas stars blocks today, and unfortunately, that hasn't happened. I wound up reorganizing my stash instead, sorting by projects, and discovering that I have about triple the amount of Civil War era reproduction fabrics than I had previously thought--enough for a giant bin filled to the brim, just with those. Yikes!! I also found a wee stash of batiks, which means that I don't have to go shopping for my batik WHIMM. I sorted out my 1930s repros for the baby quilt projects, as well as stacked all of my paisleys for the Kashmir Stars.

So, better organized, sans photos. Those should come sometime this week.

Until next time,
--Meg

2 comments:

Wendy Lugo said...

LOL, I'm proud of mine too :)

Meg said...

So I'm not crazy? Either that, or we both are. :D